Thursday, May 3, 2012

Is it all about SVP?

No...there is another man who has my attention. However, not the same way SVP does...Dallas is a seemingly nice guy who would never become my pet. Not that he couldn't use some discipline. He has become increasingly frustrating...

We met on a online dating site, exchanged a few emails then he asked if he could have my number to call me. I obliged and gave him my number, we traded a few texts, he asked what I doing that evening and is doing his best to get me to meet him. I don't relent and we text a bit more, then he wanted to call me. We chatted on the phone for about 45 minutes. He seems like a nice, romantic guy, the type that girls always are looking for. He's leaving for Dallas for the weekend (hence how he got his nickname). He said he'd text me the next day...the day came and went with nothing from him. The following day, Friday, I texted him and there were few texts back and forth.

Monday, I heard from him again. He had just back into town and wondered what I was doing later. I had big plans of errands, laundry and stuff at home. He continued to try to get me to meet him after I was done with all that. He didn't quite get that I wasn't quite ready to make a first face to face impression (I had my pj's on, makeup was washed off already and my hair was in a ponytail on top my head). Tuesday I heard from him again, quickly threw in that I had plans that night and asked if we could meet up Wednesday night. Yes we could, perfect...let's meet somewhere in downtown Sunnyvale (somewhat in the middle between me in SJ and him in Mtn View). I give him the choice of where to meet and he decides on DishDash, a mediterranean restaurant (really that's what he chooses, ok Minx, just go with it). And so we have our first meeting and possible first date.

Until Wednesday morning...I get a text from him "Rain check?" to I reply "Uh, sure" he explains "Something came up" I reply "Ok" I get this from him "I'll txt u later on" I respond with "Alright".

And that's where the Dallas story ends for now...I haven't received a text, a call, nothing. I haven't texted him either...

To be continued . . . ?

~Minxie

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I think you look adorable in your PJs and with your hair in a ponytail. Secondly, I'm beginning to think of him less as "romantic" and more as "horny". Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you...but I certainly wasn't to let him find that out in person on our first "meeting".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Dallas guy sounds flaky or something...maybe he should be demoted to Ft. Worth...or maybe Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If 'Tyler' wasn't already a guys name, that's low enough for 'Dallas' now.

    ReplyDelete